Thursday, March 26, 2009

BURNT OSLOB CHURCH: A YEAR AFTER

Today, the Oslob Church is one year old since it was burned down by an early morning fire. Although aggressive reconstruction is on-going, the only phase that is completed thus far is its roofing. Townfolks still bring their own chair in attending Sunday masses. Daily mass is still being held at the Camarin. There's no single door yet which led to the transfer of the antique image of the Patroness to the Camarin for safety. Tanods take turns watching over during the night.

The following pictures were taken using my MOTOROLA ROKR E-7 cellphone last April 2008 - a month after the fire.






















































































Take a look back at its NOW permanently vanished GLORY and BEAUTY!























PICTURES are taken from the following sites:

http://colloidfarl.blogspot.com/2009/03/way-of-cross-remnants-of-burnt-oslob.html

http://cebuheritage.com/heritage-of-cebu/old-churches/oslob-church-cebu-immaculate-concepcion/oslob-church-after-the-fire/


http://simbahan.net/2008/04/07/oslob-church-interior/

5 comments:

  1. oh! How I wish I was there during the times it was burn. I miss my birth place. And I miss also this church where I spent 1/3 of my life....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WASN'T THERE too, when it happened!
    I was an AKOLITO (acolyte - and sleeps at the sacristy whenever it was our turn - semana) from grade 4 til I finished high school. So you can just imagine how my heart bled seeing the rubbles.

    by the way, are you the former EXCELEN RENDON? Asa na diay ka ron?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's me... the former kantora sa oslob... Sori, now lang open nito, dia ko cavite. By the way, what's ur full name? kalimot n ko.... mga kaila nako sa church....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lagi, ag GWAPA lagi jud!

    FELIX 'Boboy' SARENO akong ngalan.

    Musta mo diha sa baha?

    Pirmi ko didto sa inyo/ila ni Fr. Jovy sa una, kuyog nila (NOW) Fr. Bernie Diaz ug Fr. Raul Abetria nga mga CM.

    AMPING lang diha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! now lng open... now lng naa tym...
    Thanks for d compliment.... (dako nuon ako atay)
    "Boboy?".....sounds familiar.... but sori can't fully recall.... dugay naman jud to....
    Thank GOD! d kmi affected sa baha diri sa among place.... kadtong duol sa sapa, affected, naa gani'y naanod nga balay sa sapa kay umapaw man.
    Yes, remember ko cla Fr. Bernie ug Fr. Raul... Cge diay k s amoa nadto? Asa k ron? Himo pod k email nako, usahay ra man pod ko mag-open nito..
    My email add: maexcelenpascua@yahoo.com
    Regard..... GOD bless...!

    ReplyDelete