Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A HARVEST OF CALAMANSI AND A SPIDER BITE!


TODAY IS JUNE 5, 2009....


Early this morning, while about to prepare my things and pack them for my return to Iloilo, I delayed it, as going back to work is always a kill joy, picked some calamansi fruits from mother's two small trees. But mind you, they never cease to bear fruits the whole year round.

While I enjoy this some-therapeutic-act, I felt something crawling on the back of my head going down to my neck. As I raced my hand towards it, I felt two small opposing needle-like pointed things clamping on my neck... then I felt a split-second prick just as a tried to brush it away using my fingers...

Then I felt a numb from my neck that started to spread all over my body. In just few seconds I was motionless. My hands were cold while I stood stiff and began to observe the surrounding starting to move, rotating around me. My head started to feel light. I felt dizzy, i breathed very hard. Then darkness surrounded me as I see nothing but infinite darkness. I have no memory after that.

Then I died! Or at least I feared about it.

Trembling, I tried to run my palm, then fingers on the spot where the spider must have buried its teeth, over and over again. While doing this, i would try to feel if there was a real bite.

It was as if there was, and as there was NOT.

With desperation, I texted everybody I knew with SCIENTIFIC knowledge and otherwise.

Mother got me LANA sa LALA, and applied it without saying a word. Which I learned it was part of the CURING.

I learned two things: ONE, clean first the trees' surroundings before picking the fruits. And SECOND, NEVER GET involved with Spiders!








No comments:

Post a Comment